Friday, May 1, 2009



"Try a little harder to be a little better...
Gordon B. Hinckley

I have this hanging on the wall in my den... it's simple, yet so important. Makes me feel like I don't need to be perfect right now... (which is good, because I am far from it) I just need to try everyday to be better!
By putting the things that are important, first in my life... by making prayer and scripture study part of my daily routine, serving, with out complaining, (that's a biggie) attending the temple, having a positive attitude, being aware of the beauty around me, and expressing gratitude for it. Showing love to those who mean the most to me... and most important... expressing thanks to my Heavenly Father for ALL that I have, and remember that without him, I am nothing!
I have been thinking about this, this past week.. we had a YW leadership meeting, and we were reminded of how important it is to include our Savior in everything we do! Then I had a conversation with my Dad this morning... and we got on this same discussion. He is still trying to teach me.... I guess we are never done trying to teach our children, no matter how old we are or no matter how old they are... I do appreciate the things that he has taught me... and continues to teach me :)
I found this scripture this morning:
"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass"
Gordon B. Hinckley goes on to say: The course of our lives is seldom determined by great, life-altering decisions. Our direction is often set by the small, day-to-day choices that chart the track on which we run. This is the substance of our lives- making choices." Alma 37:6
(note the color.. Choice and Accountability)
I hope that I can help instill this in my children, grandchildren... I worry for them. These are hard times, and they need to know that the choices they make each day will determine where life will take them. We need to make choices that will invite the Holy Ghost to be with us always.
I hope that I can be a better example of this.... I am really going to put forth my best effort!

3 comments:

Kelli Eudis said...

Thanks Lisa! I love reading things like this. I needed it.

Mary Jane said...

Thank you Lisa! I needed to here this also and read about your testamony Thank you so much. I hope you dont mind but I am going to copy this down and keep it where I can always read it. What good counsel!

Raelee said...

I love this.....great post!